Termites or White Ants are very common along the East Coast of Australia and the Northern Rivers is a well known “Hotspot” termites result in millions of dollars worth of damage to homes and properties every year. Secretive and very destructive Termites are constantly foraging around your home or property looking for a food source which is anything that contains Cellulose this is the sugary substance contained within timber that termites feed on.
Termites generally build galleries or mud leads over the edge of concrete slabs, up foundation walls and brick piers or termites enter the home through built up garden beds and old forming timbers, there are many different ways that termites or white ants can access a building and secretly feed on your property causing extensive damage to both structural and decorative timbers.
Some Important Facts about Termites;
- Australian Standards recommend that you have your home inspected for termites every 6-12 months.
- Termites are not like black ants you will not see them walking around your home, termites feed on the inside of timbers and can leave the surface relatively in tact.
- It is likely that your home is under threat by more than one termite colony.
- Not all Pest Control Company’s are competent in the control of Subteranean Termites this is a specialist field with seperate accreditation requirements and involves extensive knowledge of termite biology and years of experience in effective Termite treatment procedures.
- There are more than 300 different species of termites in Australia however only around 12 termite species are recognized as a direct threat to your home.
Some Termite Treatment options Northern Rivers Pest Control Specialize in are;
get a quote
- Termite Inspections and Pre Purchase Pest Inspections
- Termite Dusting
- Termite Nest eradication
- Trees and Termites
- Termite Baiting and Monitoring Systems
- Borescope technology (resulting in less intrusive termite treatment options)
- Termite Post Construction Chemical Barrier Treatments in Accordance with A.S 3660.2
- Termite Pre Construction Treatments in accordance with A.S 3660.1
- Termite Physical Barriers
- Termite Reticulation Systems